- We provide an assessment of European sectors and styles judging from the signals produced by our quant models, further enriched by our qualitative analysis.
- The bulk of the overweight is maintained in Value sectors, financials and energy, to leverage on economic recovery, higher 10-year yields and CPI.
- We increased even further the exposure to households – bottoming earnings revisions and peaking confidence indicators – financing it with a higher underweight in Media (poor revisions and quant models).
- Regarding specific sectors, we overweight banks, div. financials, energy, materials, household & personal products, software and tech hardware and underweight cons. services, media, real estate, utilities and telecoms.
- Our quantitative analysis coming from Machine Learning (ML) and classic approaches shows undervaluation for energy, auto and software and overvaluation for comm. & prof. services, pharma, telecoms, media, materials, food, cons. services and retailing.
- Among European styles, undervaluation is indicated for defensives, momentum, small cap and min. volatility. Expensive are low leverage, large cap and cyclicals.
Download the full publication below
Equity sector models and strategy: still OW on Value but turning more constructive on staples
2. Juni 2021